Hands on Night
You are now able to book an hour session one to one with an instructor for the following months Hands on Night. The booking system will open a few days after the last Hands on Night. This is to enable any bookings made on the paper version in the Hall to be transferred to the online system to remove any booked slots. The system will then remain open until a week before. This is to enable any arrangements to be made with the instructors. You are required to enter what you are wanting to do specifically. If you have a project you need help please bring it.
- “Hands on Sessions” are on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Meeting times will be 07:00pm to 09:30pm, the hall will be open to attendees from 06:45pm
- Refreshments are self service and are now free of charge.
- Please wash up and DRY your mug once finished with it and put back in the plastic box. Don’t just leave it for someone else to do it.
- If you spill it, clean it up, we don’t want people slipping on a wet floor.
- Be careful on or around the lathes for trailing wires and loose shavings on the floor.
- If having a go on a lathe, you must be wearing suitable footwear, i.e. no open top shoes or flip flops.
- You MUST wear face/eye protection when having a go on a lathe.
- Ensure any jewellery, rings are removed or covered.
- Ensure long hair is tied back.
- We have smocks you can borrow to keep clean.
- If whilst watching any turning going on, whilst it is being operated, please stand back away from the lathe.
- Please ensure you have read, understood and abide by the Club’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Committee members will be monitoring that health & safety measures are being followed, and we ask attendees to respect the wellbeing of all.
- If you become unwell during your time with us, please let one of the Committee know immediately.
Bookings are closed for this event.